.

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Ethical Lens Essay

During the Ethical Lens Inventory exercise that I did, I learned that I do not re tout ensembley take a personal preferred ethical lens. I see the gifts and the weaknesses of every last(predicate)(prenominal) lens and I am satisf dallyory to move fluidly among them to adapt the right tools to each situation to assure the best outcome. I am able to employ my reasoning skills to determine my duties, as surface as the global rules and the systems that will assure fairness and justice for everyone. I also bear in mind to my intuition to determine the greatest good for each individual, as well as the virtues that will best serve the conjunction.I aim each a mature ability to use the right tools in a given situation or a paralyzed belief that everyone has a valid train. Although each of us has preferred lens, near who atomic number 18 ethically mature and able to use the tools of all the lenses, adapting them as appropriate in a given situation, test in the center of the gri d. Others who test in the center of the grid actually have underdeveloped ethical skills. Those without skills carry to be paralyzed by their ability to see all sides and ar too desperate to please everyone.I personally think I do more of the macrocosm desperate to please everyone than the not being able to see all sides of the situation. I was able to get this learning from the exercise I did at http//www. ethicsgame. com/Exec/Eli/EthicalLensResults. aspx? R=1 My Core set are Autonomy, Equality, Rationality and Sensibility. I value autonomy and equality equally and I value rationality and sensibility equally. My Classic Values are Temperance, Prudence, Justice and Fortitude. I am able to manifest all iv classic virtues depending on what the circumstances require.My Key Phrase is I accommodate ethical choices for myself and others. I am able to see myself and others clearly, therefore I do not make assumptions about why people act the way they do or how things should be do ne. My Definition of Ethical sort is Doing the Right Thing. I tend to hold this high standard for myself plainly I do not judge others who fall short, so pertinacious as their intentions were honorable. My Tools for Analyzing Problems are Reason, Experience, Authority and Tradition. I am comfortable employ all available tools to analyze a problem.These can include hypercritical thinking skills, reference to experts, my own past experience and the traditions of the community. My Gift to the community is balance among all four lenses, because I can see the benefits of each of the lenses and I can use the tools of all of them. The mature expression of this mental attitude has no blind spot. I am able to see some(prenominal) the strengths and the weaknesses of each lens and to harmonize the four core values of autonomy, equality, rationality and sensibility.Discernment comes with ethical maturity and provides direction in specific situations. My risk is In treat. I run the risk of seeing everything and deciding nothing if I am not self-aware. As one who sees the legitimacy of everyones position of view, I am particularly prone to delay or in a flash inaction. My Temptation is Superiority. Believing that my balanced vantage point gives me a captain ability to resolve ethical dilemmas, I may convince myself that I have all the answers and do not imply any excitant from others. My Vice is Insistence on Agreement.By insisting that everyone validate all points of view as I do before moving forward, I become tyrannical and may actually provoke dissenters into sabotaging the process as the only way they feel they can maintain the integrity of their diametrical viewpoint. My Crisis is Confusion. Unless I develop the practice of mindfulness and reflection, at some point I will become confused and find that I have lost my moral compass. The downside of being able to see everyone elses thought is that I can lose track of my own. My Seeing Clearly is see to m y heart use my head act with confidence.To see more clearly, I need to first consider the nature of the problem. Then I need to use both my head and my heart to discern which course of action will best manifest interdependence. Once I have assessed the ramifications of the mixed options, I will need to act with confidence and courage. Although there may be more than one way to resolve a problem, some actually are better than others. I think I could use my personal ethics to determine a course of action by knowing how I feel about the situation along with all the circumstances involving the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment